Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm back!

I've been MIA for a bit because this past week I got a chance to hop on a big iron bird and head east to visit my mom. Well, we decided a while back that we would pull a Thelma and Louise, get in a car and take a road trip to hook up with some other fine stamping ladies! Boy did we have a blast!!!! We met up with......


From L to R: My mom, Joan Fricker, Sharon Johnson, Darlene Pavlick, Tammy Hershberger and Janine Orchard!


I cannot tell you how fun it was to meet these ladies in real life! Since we've all been chatting it up for well over a year -- it was like a homecoming - even though we had never met in person! We all arrived at the same time to the hotel in Shipshewana Indiana and -- isn't it funny how you can recognize someone -- just after seeing a few pictures on the Internet?

We stamped. We shopped. We ate. We stamped. We ate. We laughed and then laughed some more! It was sad to see these ladies go! Janine even ordered these fun shirts!!! It says... "I got stamped in Shipshewana!" Too fun! You might wonder, where the heck is Shipshewana? Well, it is a little Amish town in Northern Indiana. It is very quaint with a homespun feel. It was beautiful country and very relaxing. The only traffic was at the end of the work day when cars shared the roads with the horse drawn buggies!

Here's another pic of the whole crew (minus Darlene who took the picture!)
We wrapped up the weekend promising to do it all over again and I actually felt sad that it will be a year at least before we can all get together!

Thanks ladies for such a FUN weekend! And.....
Thanks Mom for making the trek with me! I loved our "Thelma and Louise" weekend! :-)


p.s. I'll be back tomorrow with some actual stamping! Stay tuned!

22 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

What a fun trip! Love seeing all the photos, but that one of you and your mom is the best! It's so great that you two share this wonderful hobby!

Janine said...

Hi Julie!!!!!! I am glad that you are back safe and sound. Have a great week and we will talk soon!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my...what a fun and fabulous trip! I can only imagine how awesome it was to meet those ladies in person and stamp together! Lucky girl! :-)

Darlene said...

Hello my friend!! What a great posting ... and what a FABULOUS weekend!! You & "Mom" are awesome and I'm so blessed to be able to call you my friends!!
Glad you are home safe & sound and surrounded by your loving family ... I know how much you missed them! Have a great week and hope to talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Just came from Janine's and her awesome pics that made me totally jealous!!! You guys must have had an awesome time......so nice to see pics of you and your mom together!

Anonymous said...

Great to have been in AC car or hotel setting instead of intensity heat locally, I imagine. What a blast from the past to have face to face laughter and creativity! Glad you made the trip with rubbermaid, what a delightful time. Pics present such sweet memories shares! Thanks.
Welcome back, lowered temps (just for you, I wish)expected...then evening sky H20 as dog days set in the last of July and first two weeks of August, in time for Fair week! AH, prognosticators, we love 'em.
Keep Looking UP!

Anonymous said...

Great to have been in AC car or hotel setting instead of intensity heat locally, I imagine. What a blast from the past to have face to face laughter and creativity! Glad you made the trip with rubbermaid, what a delightful time. Pics present such sweet memories shares! Thanks.
Welcome back, lowered temps (just for you, I wish)expected...then evening sky H20 as dog days set in the last of July and first two weeks of August, in time for Fair week! AH, prognosticators, we love 'em.
Keep Looking UP!

Anonymous said...

Sensitive bit of cyberspace today. Sorry for the double click being printed! This window had hidden for over fifty minutes, so it appeared to not be communicating today. Now, here's a double. Hello, all! Double great day to everyone! Be safe; car roll overs, motorcycle and scooter (! yes!) verses vehicle accidents are not just peppering but plaguing the news this week. This is Tuesday. Defensive safety to all.
Keep Looking UP!

denise g. said...

So glad you had such a great time and that you shared with those of us less fortunate. I did spend yesterday with my cousin Shelly in Battle Creek and we stamped. Plus she fed me. I don't call her Martha Betty Crocker Stewart for nothin'!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Who's Thelma, and who's Louise??? Whatever, I still miss you both!

ChristineCreations said...

What great pictures Julie! I hope you had a wonderful time with your mom (especially!) and those other great stampers! Nice to have a little stamping R n R! Glad you're back home safely!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

It was so fun, Julie! I just SMILE looking at these pics!!! Your Mom was a riot!!! Did you ever find Abner???

Unknown said...

Julie, it sounds like a totally wonderful time! Glad you had the chance to do that!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Shipshewana!!?!!?! That is a family joke!!! My aunt doesn't live too terribly far from there and they always go to the giant flea market!!!!! For some reason the name just cracked my sister up and its been a funny ever since!! :)

Looks like a wonderful time!! :)
((((HUGS)))

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh you girls look like you had so much fun. glad you shared pictures.... :0)

Chrisd said...

It looks like a great time was had by all.. and Shipshiwana is the place for it... Hope you ate at some of the great places to eat there...Thannks for sharing with us!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie,
We certainly had a fantastic time and it was like we have know each other all of our lives.
I enjoyed everyone so much and I can't wait to meet up with you all again!!

Thanks for your fun card idea too!

Tell your Mom I am rooting for her!!! (smile)

hugs
Joan

sandyh50 said...

Oh, Julie! What a wonderful time with your mom!

Latisha said...

Oh how fun that must of been!! So cool to meet all of those ladies!
hugs
Latisha
ps
when are you taking a road trip a little farther south lol

Lovely gd Cee said...

you went to the east? that's like very far away. what a fun trip you had. love the last picture:)

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh man -- I know you guys had a blast. thanks for sharing the pics! Great to see -- wish I had been there with you guys. I know it was full of fun! Whose Abner???

Silke Ledlow said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time!!! So cool to get away and meet some stampin' friends!!!

Thank you for sharing your photo's!!! Hugs ~S~