Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gettin' Fruity!

Hi all! Hope your week is sailing to a nice finish! I have another Stamp Simply challenge for you courtesy of the fabulous Sharon Johnson! This time we look to those lucious fruits that ripen on the vine this time of year!

It's time for ssnotime97! You can get the official details HERE but to break it down for you - all you need to do is whip up some type of fruity creation!

So, here's what I whipped up!


I absolutely love these new Strawberries from Flourishes and I absolutely love this new paper from BasicGrey! It's called June Bug and the patterns inside are just ADORABLE! I got mine as a gift from a very nice lady affectionately called the "Fleckster" :-) but you can find it right HERE if you like!

I stamped my berries in permanent black ink and then used the Poppy Collection and Spring Greens Copic Collections from Flourishes to color up these sweeties! FYI: These collections are sold out but... I'm told.. more are on the way and they will be in the store soon! After coloring, I used a 1-1/4" circle punch to punch out my berries and I matted them up with a scalloped circle punched from a SU punch. I also took the little flower from the set, stamped it, colored it up and cut it out to add a little pizazz to my berries. I love how this turned out! I even added some Stickles to the centers of the flowers for a little razzle dazzle.

You might notice, the card size is a bit smaller. I have some of those "banker envelopes" and wanted to use that style for this card - so my card is only 6 by 3". It's really a fun size! From there, add some fun buttons, a punched border edge, and a sweet sentiment and... done!

Here's a close of of that darling little flower!

Want to see the sweet creations from the Stamp Simpy team? Just hop on over to.....

Rose Ann, July Guest Designer
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you make time for play time and join us this week! And, if you want some more eye candy, you should hop on over to the Flourishes Newsletter as the team wraps up Shimmerz week! Gotta love that sparkle!


See you back here soon!

20 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

What a bee-you-tea-full card, Jewels! LOVE it!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, cute card. I love all the details you did on it. How clever of you to rotate the berries too.
Great job!

Joan

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really cute card, Julie! I'm loving this set too! Very nice coloring job!

Janine said...

Hey sweetie!! Love the strawbs!!
Great paper too!
Have a great weekend.

The Rubber Maid said...

How Berry cute! Looks like summer and the yearning for strawberry shortcake all done up in one card. Mom

Norine said...

what a cute card love the paper and colors
Hugs
Norine

Darlene said...

WOW ... what a YUMMY creation! Your coloring on these berries is awesome ... good enough to eat!! What a clever little creation Janine ... love it!! Have a great weekend my friend!!

Jennifer Buck said...

This is beautiful, Julie! I LOVE the buttons on the corners and the papers and the image! Perfect! :) Hope you are doing well! I'm still so bummed I missed y'all! We have to do it again!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Here's what you whipped up? Give me some whipped cream, and those strawberries will be history! Yummy card, and awesome coloring Julie! Love the little bling on the flowers!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love the sparkle you added! It's perfect! Great card -- I also like that size!

Connie M. said...

Such a fun summery card, Julie!! Those strawberries look good enough to eat!!

Rose Ann said...

Your strawberries look delicious, Julie...and they are so perfectly colored!! I love your scallops, buttons, and cute little sparkly flowers!!

ChristineCreations said...

oh Julie! I love the little flowers on each strawberry! Adorable!

Barbara said...

Just too cute, Julie!!! Those strawberries look so yummy!!! Love the scalloped border, too!!

Ida said...

What a delightful and delicious looking card. I can almost taste the sweetness of those strawberries. Just wonderful.

AJ said...

Great card Julie- love the berries!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Julie!!! I love this Set too - LOL!!! It's too fun to colors and you did an awesome job with it!!!

Enjoy your weekend too!!! Hugs ~S~

Jerri Kay said...

So adorable Julie, I love the strawberries! The paper is so perfect for the strawberries!

Anonymous said...

I am really loving this set!! Sweet card Julie!!
smiles,Deena

Stacy Morgan said...

So stinkin sweet and cute! Great long n low card girlie.