Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stamp Simply -- the 'lil black dress!

Every woman has one, or has wanted one sometime in her life. And this little desire has nothing to do with stamping!!! I'm talking about the 'little black dress!'

That's what today's Stamp Simply challenge is allllllll about --- making a card/project of understated elegance using black and white. If you need to add in a little pop of another color, that's fine, as long as the project is primarily black and white and its overall feel is that of understated elegance. The SS Crew knows this one will produce some real beauties!

And, here's mine!

When I saw this challenge, I knew I wanted to use this paper that I picked up forever ago at Hobby Lobby on sale. I knew it was going to make a great card as a focal point and... I think it does! I matted up the butterfly paper and edged with the help of a Martha Stewart edge punch and then matted it again on some pretty musical notes paper.

The only stamping done was THIS sentiment from Impression Obsession!

After putting on the sentiment with a bit of foam tape, all you need to add a little silk ribbon, and a little bit of bling and.. VOILA -- 10 minute card! I do have to say that for my bow-- I tried the new Bow Easy! OH MY GOSH! Does this make tying bows beautifully easy (just like the name suggests)! Don't look to close at my bow because after I marveled at how perfectly this little creation makes them, I went and stuck the glue dot to attach my bow to the wrong side. UGH! So, better luck next time! LOL!
Want to see the other 'little black dresses' of the stamping world? Be sure to check out....
Rose Ann, our July Guest Designer!
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny

Have a fun and fabulous weekend! I'll see you back here soon!

12 comments:

AJ said...

very pretty Julie! love the lattice edge!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie! Your butterfly is fabulous as is the ribbon!

Jennifer Buck said...

STUNNING, Julie! I LOVE this! Such a beauty! Hope you are doing well! Big Hugs! :)

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Julie!!! Love that sentiment!!

Darlene said...

Beautiful Julie! (See you in a few hours ...tee! hee!)

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful combination of papers, and I love your sentiment!! Your lattice edge and perfect ribbon give this such elegance as well!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just gorgeous! I love this butterfly in the black!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVE IT. Simply perfectly elegant and beautiful! Have fun on the girls weekend -- wish I could be there!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful and elegant looking - love your take on the challenge!!!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I ordered a bow-easy too - can't wait to get it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! (Ooops... JULIE!) LOL That butterfly is stunning and I love the edges done with the Martha Stewart punch! Hope you're home safely soon! It was awesome to meet you this weekend!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a stunning beauty -- this truly takes my breath away -- SO GORGEOUS!!!