Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Flourishes Stamps -- ripe for the pickin'!

With July, we usher in a brand new set of stamps over at Flourishes that are ripe for the picking! And today's stamps -- boy are they ripe!

Introducing...




This set hand drawn by the ever-so-talented Marcella Hawley is another sure fire winner in our book! It's got a sweet and innocent flair to it that is sure to be used for all kinds of projects!

I chose to branch out a bit beyond just a card and whip something up for my 5-year-old daughter. She loves to ham it up and a fun floppy hat decked out in strawberries is just her style!
Here's a look at the set I created! I stamped all of my single strawberries using Brilliance Graphite Black. I let it dry a bit and then, using a protective piece of fabric layered over top, I ironed it to heat set my stamped image. This will help it to hold up if I ever do need to wash it. Then, I grabbed some fabric markers that I picked up on clearance at Mikes and went to town coloring all the berries! Add some gingham ribbon and a button and you are good to go!

Here's a close up of the hat.....

And the bag! She is at that age where a trip to the library is like a trip to the candy store. I thought this little bag would be just her size. It is about half the size of a normal tote but perfect for books! She thought it would be a great beach bag! Well, we don't really have beaches in Montana -- but it would work for a trip to the pool! :-)



Here's a close up of the detail on theberries! Isn't that stamp just the sweetest thing???


We just know you'll love this sweet batch of summer as much as our Design Team did! Hop around to see all the fun things they created with this sugary sweet set!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Sharon Doolittle

And be sure to check out the fabulous coloring tutorial cooked up by our own Nancy Kirk!

Would you like to WIN this set? Simply leave us a comment HERE on the post over on the Flourishes Newsletter! They will announce a winner tomorrow!

Fun Flourishes Happenings!



  • Did you see there is a By the Sea challenge where you can win ALL of the new releases from Flourishes for July? Click HERE to read up! You have until Friday at 5 PM Eastern time to enter!! Don't miss out on all the fun!


  • The Flourishes POWER HOUR release party is set for Friday night at 9 PM central over on the Flourishes Forum on SCS! We hope you join us for samples, games, fun and suprises!


  • And lastly, there is our ongoing project to help out the Wounded Warrior Project. There is a big challenge and card drive going on for the troops with prizes for YOU on the line! Click on HERE to check it all out!

Thanks for stopping by! We'll see you back here tomorrow when we take a trip to treasure hunt on the ocean shore! (Yes, that's your hint!) :-)

18 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is so cute! How fun for her! She'll be the sweetest little thing at the pool! What a darling set you created, Julie. The beautiful gingham bow on each piece is the perfect finishing touch!

denise g. said...

Ooh! What a berry delicious design! Great use of that little strawberry. The thing about Marcella's art is that it looks so REAL! Hope you're having fun with Christine.

Janine said...

Hi Julie All of this is so fabulous!! I love this strawberry set!!!

NancyK said...

The hat and bag are just darling and I bet your daughter looks so cute!

Kimberly Crawford said...

You are amazing!!!!

Carol L said...

This is just incredible! Your daughter is one lucky little girl to have such a vogue wardrobe! Great job!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is so darn cute! Such a great idea and with it all being white is just grabs your attention! love this. Hope you enjoyed your visitor yesterday. :0)

Sewflake said...

These are such cuties, and I am sure your DD will look just as cute in them.

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - this is just brilliant - Julie!!! What a sweet combo!!! I know your daughter is gonna wear this proudly!!! Hugs ~S~

Connie M. said...

These are just sooo amazing, Julie! My DD would just LOVE this!! How very clever of you!! Love that ribbon too!!

The Rubber Maid said...

How sweet that combo is. Ellie will look just darling in her new hat and bag...how about some matching tennis shoes too? I know you are full of time and energy so go at it. Adorable! Mom

Ann said...

These are adorable!

A great use of what looks to be another great stamp set!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fun and fabulous project! I can just see your little darling wearing that hat and the bag is perfect! Treasure this age when a trip to the library is as good as candy...today mine would veto the library in favor of the corner store hands down!

Etha said...

oh wow those are just fabulous!! How totally sweet, a hat and bag :) Love the rich red of the strawberries, they look delicious :)

Jenny Gropp said...

These are too sweet! The ribbon is the perfect addition!

Latisha said...

LOVE this!!! Fabulous idea, I only wish my daughter was a little younger so I could make something like this for her. I do have some drawstring back packs I can do something with...I have and idea...I wonder if I have enough time to pull it off lol
hugs
Latisha

ChristineCreations said...

Well, since I've seen this in person now, I KNOW how adorable it is! :) So creative and adorable Julie, and your sweet little girl will look even more precious in it! The picture of strawberry fashion!

Shirley said...

Absolutley precious, Julie, and so beautifully done. Wow, is all I can say. I bet your daughter is one happy camper!