Monday, July 27, 2009

A fun and friendly challenge!

Hi all! Happy Monday! I have a fun little bit to show you this morning. Last weekend while I was with some of my stamping buds off for a little R & R, we were purusing some of the local stamping/scrapping offerings. That's when I hatched a plan to do a brown bag challenge. What's that you ask? Well, you take some paper scraps, some ribbon, maybe a few embellishments, rub-ons or stickers. Basically, you stuff some goodies in the bag and the challenge is to make a card with it all!

I have to be honest, I was going to make my challenge a bit of a "white elephant" card challenge just to see how much fun we could have making a card out of less than desirable objects but - when we got to the Scrapyard (that was the store), I fell in love with one of the new Brenda Walton lines from K & Company. I picked up some pearls, some rhinestones, ribbon, rub-ons and paper and then shoved it all in the bag - mixed them up and doled them out! It was a fun one!

Here's what the ladies - Darlene, Tammy, Joan, Sharon, Janine and my mom- came up with!

And here's a peek one of my cards!


I just love these K & Company stickers! They even had some razzle dazzle on them with a bit of glitter!
And, here was a second card...
I loved the fact that these were so quick and easy. It just goes to show that when you need a card in a hurry, it's not a bad idea to have some color coordinated items like this on hand!

Thanks for stopping by! With CHA starting this week, I'll have some more sneaky peeks to share from Impression Obsession... so stay tuned!

10 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Julie,
Your little brown bag surprise was so much fun! I don't think I have ever designed a card that fast. What a fun time we had! The papers and all the goodies you gave us were beautiful and fun to work with!

What a pleasure it was meeting you and your Mom. I sure had a great time!

Joan

denise g. said...

These are really pretty for not stamping. Would have been interesting to see what the talent you gathered round would have done with real "white elephant" stuff, though. Between giggles, there might have been a real genius moment or two.

Janine said...

Hi sweetie!! Love all these and that little challenge of yours was so much fun!
Do you happen to know Barb Schram's new address?

The Rubber Maid said...

That was an awesome little game we played with your bag of surprises and it shows you can do some pretty good cards with not much to go on. MOM

Darlene said...

This was such a fun idea Julie ... I've told all my friends at home about this little game! I was quite pleased to see that I could actually "think out of the box" ... what awesome fun!! You are such a clever, creative, fun friend ... can't wait till the next get together (if I'm still invited that is, LOL).

ChristineCreations said...

Such a smart and fun way to spend some of your girl time together Julie! I bet it was so fun to work on!

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful work from the group, Julie!!! I cannot imagine stamping with my mom!!! Fabulously done!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This was one of the highlights of the weekend for me! I love this challenge! Thanks for the fun, Julie!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards Julie, they actually all look like they could go together as a set!

Nishant said...

so beautiful card.
Work from home